On Site Concrete Mixing Trucks
Custom Concrete’s first on site concrete mixing trucks were purchased in 2005. We now own a whole fleet of them which operate throughout Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire. It’s our belief that volumetric trucks, like ours, are the best and most efficient way to deliver fresh concrete to your site. In this blog we explain why that is the case, and take a closer look at how the site mixed concrete is produced.
What is a Volumetric Mixing Truck?
At it’s simplest, volumetric trucks combine the function of a mixer and a lorry all-in-one. They carry the raw ingredients needed to mix concrete separately to the water. These are blended on site to the precise requirements of our client. Our trucks carry up to 8.5 metres of concrete and can mix the exact amount of concrete needed, so there is no waste whatsoever.
Suppose you need two different kinds of concrete for a job. You might need a wet footing mix, and a dry kerb mix for example. The Custom Concrete team simply creates the two different consistencies, in the amounts you need, when you need them.
How is Mixed On Site Concrete Made?
There are 3 barrels, or hoppers, in each volumetric truck. The 2 larger ones hold sand and gravel, then the smaller one holds dry cement. The gravel and the sand is moved to the back of the mixer by a turning belt, and different consistencies are achieved by opening, or shutting off the larger barrels. The required amounts of cement, water, sand and gravel all go into the mixer and are delivered via the slider at the back of the lorry.
What are the Advantages of Using Site Mixed Concrete?
The Custom Concrete team are asked this regularly, and there are 5 clear benefits of mixed site concrete that we always talk to clients about:
- No Waste. Using our Custom Concrete Calculator it is possible to order exactly the amount of concrete you need for a job. That is what we will mix. This cost-effective approach saves you money, and eliminates waste.
- Bespoke Blending. The concrete ingredients are transported separately as mixing takes place on site. Should you need to tweak your original specifications, therefore, we are able to adapt immediately and without hassle.
- Fresh Concrete. The concrete you use has been mixed just a few moments prior to application. Transported concrete may need extra water added, if the curing process has begun. Whereas fresh concrete is exactly as ordered.
- High Volume Trucks. Custom Concrete trucks carry up to 8.5 metres of concrete, whereas conventional trucks carry 6-8 metres. We can deliver mixed on site concrete for large construction jobs, therefore.
- Large or Small Jobs. We supply site mixed concrete for residential work, DIY projects, and construction sites.
Concrete Pump Hire
Custom Concrete volumetric trucks are 10 metres long, 2.5 metres wide and 4 metres high. They have excellent reach but there will always be jobs where access is difficult, or concrete has to be poured from above. For these occasions we can provide line and boom concrete pump hire.
If you would like to more information about our on site concrete mixing trucks services, please contact our friendly customer service team on 01525 861899 or 07771 545410